How to get to the centre?
- Take any bus (165, 326, 327 or 385) to Opatov metro station (second stop, 4 min.)
- Then a metro (left side) to Muzeum (Wenceslas square), which is considered the very centere of Prague.
$$ Di Carlo pizza: excellent Italian pizza restaurant (6 min. walk to north from our place) you can find a map here.
$$ Restaurace U Zavadilů (Lokál): great place to explore Czech food and beer (4 stops by bus 165 to Kunratice, 11 min.) a map.
$$ El Asador – Argentinean restaurant: a stylish place for authentic Argentinian cuisine. Great for steak lovers. a map.
$$ U Bezuchů: another typical Czech restaurant in Kunratice, where you can find other traditional restaurants, local shops as a bakery, butcher shop and so on. a map.
$ Chinese restaurant Kanjia: decent Chinese cuisine with very good prices (in metro Opatov).
$$ Potrefená Husa: Czech restaurant in the shopping centre Chodov (2 bus stops to Opatov and 1 station to Chodov, left side.)
TIPs: You can find various kinds of restaurants in the largest shopping centre in Czech republic OC Chodov, which is just 8 min. from here by public transport or 4 min by car. For more info visit: OC Chodov website
Our neighborhood: Animal fences, children’s playgrounds, ponds and sport area Šeberov (a stone’s throw from our place): go down by the street V Ladech until you see the elementary school, then you can either go to the left or right.
– Stáj (Stable) Trojan: horse trail rides, walking distance from our place. you can see other animals nearby when you go down to V Ladech street either to the right or left. (you can actually find the same horses in Old Town.)
– SAPA market place aka Little Hanoi: Asian town in a city, great for authentic Vietnamese cuisine and exploring not-a-touristic place (20 min. from our place). very interesting place in Prague that does not feel like being in Prague at all. More about SAPA here.
– Průhonický park: a beautiful place for nature lovers. one of the largest landscaped park in the central Europe (14 min. from our place by bus 385). More about the park here.
– Aqua Palace Čestlice: the largest aqua park in the Czech Republic – you can get there by bus 385 in 15 minutes.
– Kunratice forest (near Chodov): nice place for strolls or exploring Czech ecosystem.
Other restaurants in Prague
$ Sweet and pepper days: bistro
$ Loving hut: vegan fast food
$$$ TGI Fridays: American cuisine, cocktails.
$$ Paul: French pastries.
$ Toms burger: cheap and very good hamburgers, burritos.
$ Yes burger: cheap and very good hamburgers.
$$ Family pho: Vietnamese cuisine.
$ Banh-mi-ba: bistro with great Vietnamese
$ Bageterie Boulevard: fast food where you can get grilled baguettes, soups
$ Angelato: the best Italian ice cream in Prague.
$$ Sisters: bistro, modernized Czech sandwiches, healthy.
$$ Naše maso: butcher, very good Czech meat, hamburgers, hot dogs etc $$$ Dish: very known hamburger place in Prague.
$$$ Cafe Palanda: hamburger place.
$$ Istanbul kebab: the best Turkish kebab place in Prague.
$$ Cukr káva limonáda: cafe, restaurant in the city center.
$ I Need Coffee: little café, pastries few minutes from Náplavka bay. $$$ Cafe Amandine: French café, restaurant
$$ Farms Letná: organic food.
$$ Café Louvre: French café, restaurant.
$$ Secret of raw: vegan restaurant.
$$ Bistro 8: organic food, often visited by Prague hipsters.
$$ Haagen Dazs: ice cream place, few minutes from Charles Bridge.
$$ Ugova salatérie: healthy fast food, salads, soups, smoothies (shopping centre Chodov.)
$$ Mamy food: Korean cuisine
Cinemas – not commercial ones:
– Kino Světozor
– Kino 35: small cinema in a French – Institut BioOko: cinema, bar
– Kino Atlas
– Kino Aero: cinema, bar.
Tea rooms/ Cafés:
$ Dobrá čajovna – tea room in the city center (Wenceslas square)
$ Tea lounge – tea and hookah place
$ Peklo nebe ráj – tea and hookah place
$$ Baku – cocktails, hookah place in the city center (Náměstí republiky station). $ Friends coffee house: café in the city center, calm place to work, free wifi. $ EMA espresso bar: a very trendy place for coffee, and one of the most popular spot in Prague. $$$ Café~café: posh restaurant for fashionable people
$ La bohème café: very pretty place for coffee and working, free wifi
$$ Můj šálek kávy: café, bistro, great place for brunch.
$$ Monolok: café, restaurant with healthy foods.
$ Café Neustadt: café, bistro where you can meet young hipsters
$$$ Café Savoy: posh cafe place.
$$$ Café Slavia: another posh coffee spot.
$ Anonymous cafe: cool place for coffee.
$ Café Nona: café, bar at Nová Scéna theatre, where you can meet artistic people
$ Kávovárna: café in the city center, cocktails, beer
$$$ Buddha-bar Prague: posh restaurant/bar
$ Unijazz: very hidden place for young Prague hipsters, philosophers – beer, Czech food. $$$ Hard Rock Café: for HRC lovers.
$$ Yam Yam express: thai/asian food.
$$$ James Dean Prague: bar, restaurant – American cuisine
$$ Neb.O restaurance: Asian cuisine.
$$ Pho Tuan Lan: Vietnamese cuisine.
$$ Cukrárna Saint-Tropez: French café and sweet pastries
$ KoČIČÍ kavárna: café where you can cuddle with cats.
$$ Wine food market: restaurant, wine.
$ Mamacoffee: coffee place.
$$ Running sushi (Palladium shopping center). $$ Lokál: Czech cuisine, beer.
$$ Potrefená husa: Czech cuisine, beer (restaurant chain. you can found a restaurant also in shopping centre Chodov.
Restaurants for vegan/vegetarians:
- Pankrácký rynek
- Loving hut
- Secret of raw
- Ugova salatérie
– OC Chodov (one station from Opatov)
- Arkády Pankrác (metro Pankrác)
- Palladium (Náměstí Republiky)
- OC Nový Smíchov (Anděl)
– Veletržní palác: National Gallery
– Dox: Gallery of temporary art
– National Museum, Prague
– National Technical Museum
Popular sightseeing and museums:
For starters, if you are in Prague just for few days, you might like to explore its famous side. in this case, we recommend to take “the royal route/road” and start at Powder Gate/or Old Town square and end at Prague Castle.
– Old Town Square/Astronomical Clock
– Charles bridge
– St. Nicolas Church
– St. Vitus Cathedral
– Prague Castle
– Golden Lane
– Jewish Museum
– National museum, Prague